Awards, accolades and tokens
Uganda is among the top 20 global tourism destinations according to the National Geographic.
Awards and accolades in summary:
1. Kidepo Valley National Park Listed as Number 3 in "Africa's 10 Best National Parks 2013" by CNN Travel
2. Uganda was listed among the top 10 destinations to visit in 2013 by National Geographic
3. River Nile was on 11th February 2013 officially announced as one of the seven natural wonders of Africa.
4. Uganda was voted as number one tourist destination for 2012 by Lonely Planet (the largest travel guide book and digital media publisher in the world).
5. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park was voted Africa's number one birding site (2012) by the African Bird club.
6. The New York Times Travel section ranked Uganda among top 33 places in the world to visit in 2012
All visitors are once again welcome to experience this pristine destination where nature and people's calmness meet with the gushing falls along the Nile.The Pearl of Africa.